Plot and Burial Information
To purchase a plot, or for other cemetery information, please call the Parks and Recreation Office at (903) 457-2994.
[Eastmount Cemetery: Infant plots available only | Forest Park Cemetery: No available plots]
Before any grave shall be opened in any cemetery, the location must be identified by the family of the deceased or the duly authorized representative thereof, and at least four hours prior to opening of any such grave, the City Manager or their designee shall be provided the following entered on a cemetery record card:
- The name of the deceased
- The person's date of birth and date of death
- The person's last residence
- The person's cause of death
- The name and address of the nearest relative of the deceased
- The name of the funeral establishment in charge of the service
- The lot size, lot number, and block number of the grave
The charges for lots within any cemetery shall be as follows:
- Lots designated for the burial of infants: $25
- Burial License fee: $25
- At East Mount Cemetery, only infant plots are available for purchase.
- At Forest Park Cemetery, no plots are available for purchase at this time.
Digging or Excavating
In order to dig or excavate any grounds within the cemeteries, a license must first be issued or renewed unless an applicant obtains, provides, and maintains policies of comprehensive general liability insurance.
This includes premises and operations coverage and comprehensive motor vehicle liability insurance, including on- and off-premises coverage, for personal injuries or death growing out of any one occurrence in the minimum amount of $50,000 for one person, $100,000 for two or more people, and $25,000 for property damage.