The Greenville Sports League offers youth volleyball for girls ages 6 - 13 and the league age is as of September 1. Residents can register for $50 and Non- Residents will be $60.
The goal of our Volleyball program is to allow kids the opportunity to have fun and develop fundamental volleyball skills. Our goal is for every child to learn how to serve, pass and hit gaining agility to better aid them in the sport in the future.
Our league is an affiliated TAAF youth league which will consist of an 8 game schedule with an end of season tournament.
We offer the following divisions: 7u - 9u - 11u - 13u
For dates and registration information please CLICK HERE
GSL will provide the following items :
1. Dri-Fit Jersey : with a 3 color design with a number
2. Balls : will be provided to coaches for practices and at game locations.
Parents will be responsible for :
1. Shorts with NO POCKETS : If you have shorts with pockets they will need to be sewn up completely. Some coaches may want to "match" and get a certain color short, That is your decision as our league does not dictate the color of your shorts.
2. Shoes : Parents can buy volleyball "shoes" if you want to, it is not required. Tennis shoes would be just fine.
3. Knee pads: Are recommended but not required. They can be purchased at Academy Sports.
Frequently Asked Questions :
Is my child returning to the same team as last year?
If you are returning to the SAME age division that you played in last season then you should return to that team. It might not have the same coach as coaches move up with their child. BUT the kids eligible to return will return to that team. IF you do not want to return to that team, you can go to the HAT. Your child will not be able to re-enter the combine / draft process.
How can i get my child on the same team as his friend?
The ONLY way we can guarantee your child is on the same team as a friend is if you or the other child's parent coaches a team and uses the 2 protected players on your children. Coaching also is not guaranteed until the days leading up to the combine.
What is the combine and how do i know if i need to go?
The combine is for new players to the league or players moving up into a new age group. This will only apply to 7u - 13u only. The combine is used to familiarize the coaches with the kids in the draft to eliminate advantages and to aid in the balancing of our teams. If a child doesn't participate in the combine then they will only be available in the hat as a lottery pick. In other words they are not able to be drafted by name.
When will i hear from a coach or know what team my child will be on?
Coaches are instructed to contact parents following the draft for 7u - 13u divisions. The lower levels are instructed to contact the parents when they pick up their rosters. The coaches will instruct you on practice times and days.